Thursday 12 December 2013

The closer end

Soon the end of my studies will be near, and it scares the hell out of me. For three years everything was planned for me. I knew where I was heading and which path I would be taking for the following period. I still have 5 months to go and then I will be a graduate in European Business Management. Now I know I won't be the only one when I say that I have the feeling to know everything and nothing, and that 'the real world' is very frightening.

Isn't it weird that after all those years of studying, we still are not prepared for the real deal? After high school the biggest worry we had was what to do next, which study to do that would define our further life. I chose to do a 3-year bachelor abroad, being absolutely sure it would offer me experience and knowledge about other countries, whilst learning about business management. However, now that I am almost done, I do not feel like I learned anything. Ofcourse, I know the content of my studies, but that's where it ends. I had the luck to be able to do an internship which gave me great knowledge about how real companies go abouts. But still, the question of 'what to do next' stays. You never really know if the company you end up in is really what you want. You never know if what you studied is comparable to what you will do after you graduated.

I guess life is just a compilation of choices you make, and whether they're good ones or not.

Write to you later,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment